Sunday 6 April 2014

Clean pancakes / protein pancakes

I eat these once a day, they are a great way for my to hit my protein macros/targets.
If you aren't on a high protein diet just leave the protein powder out, you don't need to amend the recipe, simply leave it out and they will still be banging. These are thick American style pancakes around 3 inches in diameter each.
 
Ive included a few variations which I love, so much choice and its all clean!
 
Ingredients:
makes 3 small
1 banana
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder  (you can use other flavours but they might taste different)
1 egg
coconut oil for frying
 
Method:
simply blend all three together, so simple its unreal.
heat coconut oil and fry tablespoons of the batter over a medium heat for around 2 minutes per side.
my favourite topping is simple cinnamon, pure maple syrup, a couple of raw almonds and ground flax (also known as linseed) and a sprinkle of chai seed.
 
Variations:
  • berries and raisins, you can have them raw or softened in a pan in a little coconut oil.
  • cook 1 chopped apple in a little pure maple syrup and cinnamon until soft for apple pie pancakes.
  • melt 1tsp of coconut oil, raw cacao and a dash of almond milk together for a clean chocolate sauce.
  • top pancakes with Greek yogurt, chai, poppy, pumpkin and linseed/flax
  • top with 1tsp of natural peanut butter
  • plumbs softened in a pan in cinnamon and a little honey
  • use pancakes to stack Greek yogurt and strawberries for a kind of shortcake stack of pancakes
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for UK based clean recipes and I'm so glad I found your blog! Great stuff, I look forward to more delicious goodness!!

    ReplyDelete